Friday, February 24, 2023

Have you been with Jesus?

HAVE YOU BEEN HANGING OUT WITH JESUS? Full of knowledge but no wisdom. Never in the history of our world has there been so many avenues by which one can read, understand, interpret and study the Word of God. NEVER. In fact, via the internet, just on my computer I have over 25 translations and over 40 commentaries, dictionaries and study helps. The quote ‘your learning has made you mad’ comes to my mind. It seems that the more we know the more we are still prone not to apply to our daily lives. The key to the Bible is not information but transformation. Knowing, learning and studying should lead us to becoming more and more like Jesus. However, it seems that the more we know the less we learn. Most every household in US of A has some sort of Bible in there home. However, the question remains how much of God’s Word is IN our minds and lives. Transformation of our lives only comes thru APPLICATION of what we have learned and studied. I heard of preacher that rose to preach a sermon and simply said, “love one another”. The next week he rose to speak and said, “love one another”. The third week he rose to preach and said, “love one another”. By the fourth week when he spoke the leaders approached him and said, “what are you doing?”. I that the only sermon you know? The preacher responded, “when we start living these words, I will move on”. We pride ourselves on Bible knowledge, Bible reading even Thru the Year entire Bible plans YET, where hence is the transformation? So, maybe we should be asking ourselves on a daily basis, “HOW AM I BECOMING MORE LIKE JESUS?” Has the Word of God gone from our eyes to our minds to our feet. Is there a visual transformation or better: do does those around me especially in my family; with my spouse, with my children see a different me. Can they see JESUS in me? In Acts this verse: 4:13, “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them; that they had been with Jesus.” Do you see it? Is wasn’t the learning, the studying but the PRESENCE OF JESUS in their lives. Again, the question to us: can those around me say, “wow! He/she has been with Jesus! I can see it in their TRANSFORMATION…their behavior.” Have you been with Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you open your Bible: PRAY!

5 Prayers befofre you open your Bible: 1. Ps 119:130 Break open your word within me until revelation-light shines out! Those with open hea...