Monday, October 19, 2009

JESUS the ONE and ONLY WAY

As many of you know I have a southside office called "Starbucks" located in our local food store called "Smith's". Well, I was in my "office" this morning enjoying my venti mocha, non fat, no whip extra shot when Brian came in. Brian is a salesman for our local Ford dealer. I asked him how things were going. He replied that he had to make a hurried trip into Albuquerque which is about 30 miles from Edgewood. I said, "what's up?" "Well", he replied, "my wife works at Kirtland Air Force Base and forgot her pass this morning and can't get on base". I asked, "you mean they won't allow her to get to her job on base without her I.D. pass." "That's correct" he stated.

Well, that got me to thinking about Christianity and the Bible. You know folks, that's the way God's Word describes our journey down here with our appearance up there. Even though many folks think we are "all going to the same place", the Bible begs to differ. Here's a couple scriptures for your consideration and meditation.

1) John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me." These are the words of Jesus. HE said NO one gets to the Father but through HIM. Also consider:

2)Act 4:10 let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead--by this name this man stands here before you in good health.
Act 4:11 "He is the STONE WHICH WAS REJECTED by you, THE BUILDERS, but WHICH BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone.
Act 4:12 "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."

Do you see it friends? Here's the reason we "go and make disciples". Here's the reason we talk to our neighbors. Here's the reason I show up at Starbucks, the credit union, What-a-burger, and at the bowling alley.

People matter to the Lord Jesus Christ. Each one counts. Each one is precious. Each one has to be introduced to Jesus Christ. WHY???????

HE IS THE ONLY WAY! Just like my friend Brian said this morning. His wife COULD NOT get on base with out the I.D. pass. She had to present it to enter Kirtland Air Force Base. Brian had to drive 60 miles round trip to give it to her so she could arrive at her job on the base. All because of the I.D. pass.

LISTEN UP...THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO HEAVEN BUT
THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.

On the back of my calling card are these words; "if you meet me and forget me you have lost nothing. BUT, if you meet my best friend Jesus Christ, and forget Him you have lost everything. May I tell you more about HIM?"

So friends, listen to the words of Jesus Christ and may they be our calling card for today and everyday.
Mat 28:18-20 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."


PEOPLE NEED THE LORD JESUS CHRIST TO MAKE IT INTO HEAVEN!

When we get to stand before the Father, He will ask one question...may I see your I.D. pass. Will our name be written in the Lamb's book of life? Will He find your name there? Will your family's names be there? How about your neighbor? Your banker? The attendants at Starbucks?

You get the picture! If not us, WHO? If not now, WHEN?

Don't give up! Don't give in! NO COMPROMISE!

I am praying for you and your family,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strawberry Cake and my Mom

Strawberry Cake and my Mom! My Mom wasn’t perfect my any means, like most moms. She was the worry wart champion of the world in my opinion...