Thursday, February 18, 2010

Biscuits

BISCUITS

The following article really blessed my life and I wanted to share it with you. I am praying it blesses your life also. It is taken from Herb Pinney's newsletter for "New Iberian Mission Association". It is written by a Herb's class mate which was a few years a head of him, Ron Harrod for Redondo Union High School correspondence blog. I really liked it.

"When I was a kid, my mom like to make breakfast food for dinner now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she made breakfast for dinner after a very long, hard day at work.

On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my Dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed the burned biscuits. Yet, all my Dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my Mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching my Dad smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my Mom apologize to my Dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said, "Honey, I love burnt biscuits."

Later that night, I went to kiss my Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day at work today, and she's really tired. And besides, a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"

Life is full of imperfect things...and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. But, what I have learned over the years is that learning to accept each others faults AND choosing to celebrate each others differences is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing and lasting relationship.

And that's my prayer for you today. That you will take the good, the bad and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit or two isn't a deal breaker!

"Don't put the key of your happiness in someone else's pocket - keep it in your own."

God bless you. Now and always.

adapted - From the desk of Ron Harrod, Class of '47

If you are interested in praying for and supporting financially a great mission work to the Guatamalan people contact Herb Pinney at P.O. Box 15133, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88004. The Community Christian Hospital, the Morning Glory Christian School, Christian Church at Sacsuy, plus the village evangelism are doing a great work. You should at least write and ask for their newsletter which tells of some amazing and miraculous work for our Lord Jesus Christ.


and remember I am praying for you and your family,
God bless your efforts for Him.

1 comment:

Strawberry Cake and my Mom

Strawberry Cake and my Mom! My Mom wasn’t perfect my any means, like most moms. She was the worry wart champion of the world in my opinion...