Monday, February 23, 2009

Pray, pray, pray!

Have you heard of a dude named Manny? Well, the one I’m talking about is found in the Old Testament, in Second Chronicles 33 to be specific. He was one bad dude. He wasn’t a believer in God, but he was a believer in gods. Small g. He worshiped everything you can think of. Sun, moon, stars, storms, land, mountains, you name it, he worshipped it. He was even so bad he practiced sorcery, divination and witchcraft. Whenever he wanted to know what was going on he consulted in evil spirits, contacted the psychics and mediums. He even set up vulgar altars in the temple of Jehovah God. There they performed vulgar acts. He was one bad dude.

In one religious ceremony he even sacrificed (aborted) his own sons to these false gods. In Second Chronicles 33:9, God’s word lays out this commentary on Manny, he was “more pagan than the nations God destroyed when the children of Israel entered the land.” This Manny is none other than King Manasseh. II Chronicles 33: 6 says, “he did much evil in the sight of the Lord.”

Well, what do you think God should do about King Manasseh? Remember, in 2 Chronicles 7:14 God said “if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and heal their land.”

So, what does God do? I told you about all the terrible things King Manasseh did. But, does God keep His promises?

When we look in II Chronicles 33:12, we find that King Manasseh, “entreats the Lord his God, humbles himself greatly before God of his fathers.”

Hey if it was me (and it isn’t) but I would say, punish the guy, severely. Look he was disloyal, irreverent, and did many wicked things. But not Jehovah God. Look what God did, “and when Manasseh prayed, the Lord listened to him and was moved by his request. So the Lord brought Manasseh back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom”. II Chronicles 33:13. God restored King Manasseh.

Did Manasseh deserve it? NO WAY! But that’s just the way God is. God keeps His promises. The promise is still there for us.

Know any Manny’s. Oh yes, you and me. The promise is still there for you and me. For our country, for our state. Here it is again. “If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and SEEK MY FACE and TURN from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land”. II Chronicles 7:14

You’ll notice God says, “IF MY PEOPLE”. He’s talking to believers. He’s not talking to the pagan, unbelievers or those of other religions. He’s talking to Christians, believers. “IF MY PEOPLE” God says.

So, hear Psalm 107 verse 2 where it says “Let the redeemed of the Lord say so”.

Now’s the time to PRAY, SEEK GOD’S FACE and TURN from our evil ways. Then God will hear heal and restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strawberry Cake and my Mom

Strawberry Cake and my Mom! My Mom wasn’t perfect my any means, like most moms. She was the worry wart champion of the world in my opinion...