Monday, September 7, 2009

Jesus had "sand"!

Remember the old saying if a man had grit, gumption or "guts" we said he had "sand".

Elizabeth Elliot tells the story of a man named, Miller, who approached Frank Sandford with the scornful remark, "Jesus didn't have sand!"

"Didn't he?" replied Sandford. "Well he stretched out one hand and said 'put a spike in there for Miller. Then he stretched out his other hand and said put another spike in there for Miller." Sandford went on to say, "I don't know if YOU have enough sand to follow Him, but don't say that Jesus didn't have sand."

May it be our prayer today, "Lord, give me enough sand to take up my cross and follow YOU. Help me to take lightly this world's judgments and criticisms of me but to take very seriously your call and your cross." Amen

Our Bible boost for today, "Then He said to them all, 'if anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow ME." Luke 9:23

adapted from Elizabeth Elliot - "A Lamp for my Feet"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strawberry Cake and my Mom

Strawberry Cake and my Mom! My Mom wasn’t perfect my any means, like most moms. She was the worry wart champion of the world in my opinion...