Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Whatever It Takes!

WHATEVER IT TAKES

I am a part of the body committed to doing "whatever it takes".
I have Holy Spirit power.
The die has been cast. I've stepped over the line.
I am out of my comfort zone.
The decision has been made.
I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I won't look back, let up, slow down, or
back away. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense,
and my future is secure.
I am finished and done with low living, sight walking,
small planning, smooth knees,
colorless dreams, tame vision, mundane talking,
chincy giving and dwarfed goals.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position,
promotion, or popularity.
I don't have to be first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.
I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer,
and labor by power.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow
and my way is rough.
My companions few, my Guide reliable and my mission clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away,
turned back, deluded or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate at the table of the enemy,
ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let up or burn up till I am preached up,
prayed up, paid up,
stored up and stayed up for the cause of Jesus Christ.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know,
and work till He tells me to stop.
And when He comes to get His own, He'll have no problem recognizing me,
because I have dedicated my life to be apart of the body committed to
DOING WHATEVER IT TAKES.

I AM A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST!

adapted - author unknown

I am praying for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strawberry Cake and my Mom

Strawberry Cake and my Mom! My Mom wasn’t perfect my any means, like most moms. She was the worry wart champion of the world in my opinion...